The Night Before

With my 60th birthday coming up fast and my body betraying me daily, it's time...actually past time...for me to get serious about my health. Tomorrow is July 1 and it will be a new beginning for me. I'm tired of being in pain. I'm tired of having no energy. I'm tired of my life being limited. 

The issues:

  • My current weight: 247.
  • Arthritis
    • Both knees are bone on bone
    • Feet and ankles are affected
    • Due to weight I'm not a candidate for knee replacement should it come to that
  • Flat feet
  • The IT-bands in both legs are plagued by inflammation and pain
  • Sleep apnea
  • Usually no more than 6 hours of sleep per night
  • No energy
  • Poor circulation in legs
    • Legs feel heavy
    • Prone to muscle cramps from the hips to the toes
  • I hate drinking water
  • Addicted to Diet Coke
  • Cravings for carbs and sweets
I am resolving to really try tomorrow. Then I will try the next day. And the next. And the one after that. I'm going to forgive myself if I mess up one day. One day is not the whole battle. One day messed up just means I have to regroup and begin again fresh the next day. 

Comments

  1. Hi Stacy, I am underweight, except for the fat on my stomach. I have lost a lot of muscle. So, I know the frustration of your body fighting against you. I am borderline diabetic. I was told to drink a lot of water which is hard to do. So, I add fruit to it. One thing that has helped is taking vitamin D. It helps my mood. I started taking magnesium and I am sleeping a little more with the help of lots of pillows. My dr. had sent me back to physical therapy. I will keep you in prayer. One day at a time. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right here with you!! Let's do this!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday! Happy Independence Day! Somehow I think Independence Day is symbolic for this first week of your journey to wellness. I have many of the same maladies, large and small, and one thing I've done that has worked is go to the chiropractor. I have had so much dental work and have been taking so many painkillers that I just didn't want to deal with the muscle aches and inflammation with more meds. Anyway, thank you for being so brave with this blog and best of luck!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment